A few residents met to discuss the issues behind the withholding of payments to GCD.
Briefly, the issues are:
- The lack of transparency by GCD in that the amounts for security services and maintenance are not disclosed separately, especially when a significant portion of the grounds maintenance has been taken over by MPK.
- Dissatisfaction over security provisions at the main guardhouse wherein GCD has ignored the wishes of the residents to have visitors enter and exit using the right-hand lane. The guards often have to walk across the residents’ lane to retrieve the passes from visitors and this could be a danger to the guards.
- The obsolete access card readers in Precincts 1 and 2 have not been replaced for use with the new access cards issued recently. This is a departure from the standard set in earlier years.
- Many, if not all, of the CCTV cameras installed in earlier years are inoperable and must be replaced to restore the integrity of the overall security services in Glenmarie Cove.
- The lighting along the ‘boardwalk’ in Precinct 2 is wholly inadequate and must be addressed immediately.
- The main road (Persiaran Damar) has been poorly maintained and many parts of the road are prone to flooding when rain falls.
If you have received a demand from GCD’s lawyers and you need help to respond to it, please send an email to email@example.com. Please state your name and address in your email.